Re: No sound in KDE with intel hda since 2.6.20-rc1

30 Ara 2006 Cts 22:45 tarihinde, Michael S. Tsirkin şunları yazmıştı:

> > > It's a severe "misfeature" in my opinion that caused me problems years
> > > ago. The first soundcard becomes "default", which can probably be
> > > overridden in many different ways.
> > >
> > > However, I really think a hack should be put in to prevent "virtual
> > > MIDI" from ever being in the first slot, it's just a bug asking to
> > > happen.
> >
> > So should we enable Virtual MIDI in kernel config? Since I have it off
> > and aRts have no sound with ALSA backend.
>
> Try updating to latest git - I have
> 7479b1ce5ea41a828002c60739cff37f47b62913 with Virtual MIDI off and ALSA
> seems to work.
>
> BTW, Amarok has an Engine dialog where you can easily switch between
> backends which is good for testing.

Still no sound with latest git. But Amarok with ALSA backend works fine. Maybe
some other problem with aRts. Not sure yet but this is surely a new breakage.

Regards,
ismail
--
2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2