Re: [NFS] Kernel BUG

Peter Zijlstra wrote:

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 12:59 +0100, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
Hi,

I have a system where whenever i trigger a ongoing consistent NFS load i get the following kernel BUG:

----------
kernel BUG at mm/truncate.c:311!

Lotsa changes there:
try these:
http://client.linux-nfs.org/Linux-2.6.x/2.6.19/linux-2.6.19-NFS_ALL.dif

And:
 http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/12/19/279

Thanks, i have now a 2.6.19.1 patched with the above NFS_ALL patchset running under load since about 17:00 and still going strong. So seems to have solved the problem!

Also, performance seems to have significantly increased. I am testing this with MythTv with the storage over NFS. With HD LiveTV (which is what i use to test this), this translates into about 43Mbps total load, from almost 15Mbps video stream which is present 3x on the ethernet:
1/ from card to NFS disk
2/ read from NFS disk
3/ stream to viewer app.

Doing this with HD streams before the patch set resulted in regular picture hickups. No hickups visible anymore (that i have seen, i have not been present all this time).

Regards,

Rudy