Re: Binary Drivers

Hi!

Maybe this does not belong to this thread, but I am wondering why
manufactorers doesn't want to release specifications about drivers.
They have decided to develop some hardware for, let say 3D accelaration.
Now they are selling hardware and users are buying hardware. Users are
not buying hardware because they want to run mighty drivers, they want
to use hardware.

1. Why they do not reveal spec. if user allready bought hardware, though
   they give driver for free but not specs.

2. Who can contribute if they reveal specifications (how to use hardware) ?

Can anyone answer does questions?

PS: I am not talking about NVIDIA and ATI, but let's say intel and
    2700G multimedia accelerator IC. They sell IC without specifications
    how to use it!?

Cheers,
Rok Markovic