Re: ReiserFS corruption with 2.6.19 (Was 2.6.19 is not stable with SATA and should not be used by any meansis not stable with SATA and should not be used by any means)

Phillip Susi wrote:

If your comment here was in reply to my general comment about resierfs stability and not the specific hibernation issue the OP was having, please edit the quote down to just that portion instead of quoting the entire message, including the quotes it was replying to.

I wonder what kernel version you are running. Since you mention rpms, I will assume you are running redhat, and likely are using a rather old kernel.

The system I see these problems on is a Suse 10.0. I STORE RPM's on a Reiser FS system on this server as an ftp server. It's the server at ftp.soleranetworks.com. I run 2.6.18 and 2.6.19 for our development at present for our appliances, we do not ship Suse. Our appliances use RedHat ES4 and FC6. We were testing Suse out as an FTP server -- its not very stable. The Suse system with ReiserFS is running 2.6.13.

Jeff