Re: [discuss] Re: 2.6.19-rc4: known unfixed regressions (v3)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I'm going to revert that totally bogus commit that added that broken
> "pci_mmcfg_insert_resources()" function.

Pushed out. Jeff, can you verify that current git does the right thing.

Andi - I also ported the x86 io-apic cleanup and fixes to x86-64. I'll
push those out too once I've verified them on the machines I have access
to.

I'm still not 100% happy about the io-apic thing (for example, I was
thinking that maybe we should just automatically choose the order of
writes in apic_write_entry() by just checking whether "mask" was set or
not), but the code really is cleaner, and on x86 it was verified to fix
some things.

Keeping in sync is still better than having two different approaches, one
of which was confirmed broken. And the i386 code is definitely more tested
over the years than the x86-64 code could ever have hoped to be, so going
back to the original ordering makes sense.

		Linus