Re: [take22 0/4] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.

Evgeniy Polyakov a écrit :
pipes will work with kevent's poll mechanisms only, so there will not be
any performance gain at all since it is essentially the same as epoll
design with waiting and rescheduling (all my measurements with epoll vs. kevent_poll always showed the same rates), pipes require the same
notifications as sockets for maximum perfomance.
I've put it into todo list.

Evgeniy I think this part is *important*. I think most readers of lkml are not aware of exact mechanisms used in epoll, kevent poll, and 'kevent'

I dont understand why epoll is bad for you, since for me, ep_poll_callback() is fast enough, even if we can make it touch less cache lines if reoredering 'struct epitem' correctly. My epoll_pipe_bench doesnt change the rescheduling rate of the test machine.

Could you in your home page add some doc that clearly show the path taken for those 3 mechanisms and different events sources (At least sockets)

Eric