suspend debugging Re: 2.6.18 suspend regression on Intel Macs

Hi!

> I'm wondering what Pavel does for debugging these things, since the claim
> was that keeping printk() active would make debugging easier. As it is, it
> just seems to break suspend exactly because it wants to access devices
> that are turned off.
>
> Pavel?

I have framebuffer console here, and just leave printk enabled during
system. Last messages usually tell me where to look for problem...
Plus I test suspend quite often so that regressions show up quickly.

In the early days, plain vga console on machine where bios kicks video
card to work after resume did wonders, and I had to use hardware
debugger on one machine, too.

Another common trick is to test s2disk, first. It tends to catch many
driver problems.
							Pavel
--
Thanks for all the (sleeping) penguins.