Re: Adrian Bunk is now taking over the 2.6.16-stable branch

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 06:51:23PM -0400, Sean wrote:
> There's no need for a vote.  Users already vote for a maintainer when
> they decide to use a paticular kernel tree.
>
> No user is forced to follow a particular maintainer.  And anyone can step
> up and declare that they are also offering a maintained tree.

I never said that 2.6.16-stable is going to succeed, all I'm saying is
that all testing done on it will be a wasted effort, that's why there
are no infinite competing trees. So one would hope that an official
maintainer isn't choosed by random.

> And this situation is already self correcting; if no users follow, it's

The real ironic thing, is that the only feedback he has to know if
users follow or not, is KLive. Which I'm going to shutdown anyway if
nothing changes w.r.t. 2.6.16-stable since I'm not out to fight with
anyone, I don't even have a degree in statistics, so it's up to the
thousands getting a degree in statistics every year to argue with the
-stable maintainers, certainly not me.