Re: reiser4: maybe just fix bugs?

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 01:31:04AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:26:55 +0100
> "Denis Vlasenko" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > The reiser4 thread seem to be longer than usual.
> I'd say that resier4's major problem is the lack of xattrs, acls and
> direct-io.

I though the namesys folks finally switched to the generic read/write
code?  With that implementing direct I/O should become rather simple -
they need a get_block routines that deals with these writes aswell as the
reads mostly.

> The plugins appear to be wildly misnamed - they're just an internal
> abstraction layer which permits later feature additions to be added in a
> clean and safe manner.  Certainly not worth all this fuss.

That because the real plugins are long gone.  It's just that neither the
complainers nor the fanboys in this thread ever read the code or generally
had any clue of their own.