Re: [BUG] sched: big numa dynamic sched domain memory corruption

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:54:29AM -0700, Paul Jackson wrote:
> > Paul can you please test the mainline code and confirm?
>
> Sure - which version of Linus and/or Andrew's tree is the minimum
> worth testing?
>
> Could you explain why you don't think the mainline has this
> problem?  I still see the critical code piece there:
>
>   #ifdef CONFIG_NUMA
>                 if (cpus_weight(*cpu_map)
>                                 > SD_NODES_PER_DOMAIN*cpus_weight(nodemask)) {

This code piece is not the culprit. In 2.6.16, the mechanism of setting
up group power for allnodes_domains is wrong(which is actually causing
this issue in the presence of dynamic sched groups patch) and the mainline
has fixes for all these issues.

> What other critical bugs are fixed between the SLES10 variant
> and the mainline?

Basically SLES10 has to backport all these patches:

sched: fix group power for allnodes_domains
sched_domai: Allocate sched_group structures dynamically
sched: build_sched_domains() fix

thanks,
suresh