Re: [RFC] GPU device layer patchset (00/07)

Hi!

> >Where can I find more info on why this might be nice?
> >Or simply more info on what this actually does for me?
>
> It does nothing for you yet, it is just step one for getting the DRM and
> framebuffer drivers to co-exist in the driver model world, with the next
> step being allowing a channel of communication between the two layers with
> a view that later I can ask the DRM to disable fbdev or pass info to it..
>
> Why do we not want fbdev and DRM in one driver? as it would break way too
> many existing systems..
>
> It also allows DRM to get called at suspend/resume time.

Looks good to me. I guess I should get DRM working...

I actually tried a bit, and got some reasonably-recent Xserver here,
but now I get

root@amd:/home/pavel# glxinfo
name of display: :0.0

ERROR!  sizeof(I830DRIRec) does not match passed size from device
driver
libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
libGL error: InitDriver failed
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2