Re: ext4 features

>   ZFS was already called ,,blatant layering violation''. ;)
> Yes,that what RAID is for. And if we want checksums in filesystem,
> that's the best way to utilise them.

Hi,

checksums have a very different purpose than raid.

checksums are great at detecting corruption. And yes, corruption can
happen even if you have raid, for many many reasons. Detecting means
knowing when to not trust something, when to go for the backup tapes...

raid is great for protecting against individual disks or sectors going
bad. But raid, especially high performance implementations, do not
checksum data or detect corruptions.

They're different purpose with almost zero overlap in purpose or even
goal...