Re: swsusp problems with 2.6.17-1.2139_FC5

Pavel Machek <[email protected]> writes:

> Stop right here. Can you reproduce the problem without ATI driver?
> Reproducing it on vanilla kernel (not -FC5) would be nice, too.

A lot of suspend/reboot/resumes later...

The problem does not seem to be related to the ATI driver, but whether
or not the pm-suspend program is used. With the Xorg driver I get the
same problem when I suspend with

  echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk; echo disk > /sys/power/state

When I use pm-hibernate suspend/resume seems works okay (with Xorg and
ATI driver).

With 2.6.16, I did not have the need to use pm-hibernate. So something
changed here.

As mentioned in my OP using pm-hibernate does not give any feedback
what is going on (except for the disk led). I find this annoying.
Another annoyance is that pm-hibernate locks this kernel for the next
reboot, so it is not possible to boot something else and resume
later.

Apart from that, suspend/resume is a life saver!

(Now it would be nice to get suspend to memory working. It seems to
suspend okay, but I haven't found out how to resume...)

-- Johan