Re: SA_TRIGGER_* vs. SA_SAMPLE_RANDOM

From: Russell King <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:47:45 +0100

> On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 04:00:07PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > We have the same hassle with SA_INTERRUPT. The question arises, if we
> > should move the SA_XX flags for interrupts completely out of the signal
> > SA name space. Rename to IRQ_xxx and put them into interrupt.h.
>
> It would probably be sensible, but isn't there rather a lot of
> drivers to update?  We could do it as a transitional thing -
> #define the old SA_* names to the new in interrupt.h for a while.

This seems like a sane plan.

Someone skilled in sed and awk could probably do the whole
current tree up in a short amount of time though :-)

I would then only keep the existing defines around for the
sake of being polite to out-of-tree folks :)  Put them in
the deprecation schedule, then zap them for good a few months
from now.