Re: [Patch][RFC] Disabling per-tgid stats on task exit in taskstats

Shailabh wrote:
> Otherwise, from a generic taskstats perspective, having the CPU of exit
> determine the output of exit related data seems a bit arbitrary.

On systems that do manage CPU placement, it would be worth quite
a bit to be able to disable taskstat collection on certain CPUs.

On systems that don't manage CPU placement, just use the multiple
GROUP's (just one group, for this now) you proposed.

This seems like a trivial extension of your multiple GROUP's idea
that would be harmless for some, and valuable for others.

--
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability