Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: realtime-preempt for MIPS - compile problem with rwsem]]

Hi,

I have now tried the 2.6.17 kernel (from linux-mips.org) with
2.6.17-rt1 plus the patches provided by Manish, and it works!

That is, it boots and is apparantly stable.  None of the procedures
that would cause my 2.6.15 and 2.6.16 rt kernels to hang reliably hang
this kernel.  As well, it ran over night and is still up.  (The other
rt kernels I built would hang within hours even if left idle).

With respect to my original question regarding
CONFIG_RWSEM_GENERIC_SPINLOCK, I have this option turned off in my
configuration.  (Still have "depends on !PREEMPT_RT for that option).
include/asm-mips/rwsem.h still calls rwsem_down_read_failed which is
still not defined since lib/rwsem.c is not compiled.
But, I don't encounter the link errors in this kernel because the two
offending inline functions in include/asm-mips/rwsem.h __down_read and
__down_write do not seem to be called from anywhere.

Ryan McAvoy