Re: [Suspend2][ 0/9] Extents support.

Hi,

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 14:42, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 21:28, Rahul Karnik wrote:
> > On 6/27/06, Nigel Cunningham <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Suspend2 is a
> > > reimplementation of swsusp, not a series of incremental modifications. It
> > > uses completely different methods for writing the image, storing the
> > > metadata and so on. Until recently, the only thing it shared with swsusp
> > > was the refrigerator and driver model calls, and even now the sharing of
> > > lowlevel code is only a tiny fraction of all that is done.
> >
> > This is something I don't understand. Why can you not submit patches
> > that simply do things like "change method for writing image" and
> > reduce the difference between suspend2 and mainline? It may be more
> > work, but I think you will find that incremental changes are a lot
> > easier for people to review and merge.
>
> It's because it's all so interconnected.

But it does not have to be.  Please try to untangle it so that you can submit
it in smaller pieces, one piece at a time.  Otherwise you require someone
to review all of your code and understand it at once, which is a huge task
and I don't think there's anyone with time resources needed for doing this.

Greetings,
Rafael