Re: input: fix comments and blank lines in new ff code

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 01:16:05 +0300 Anssi Hannula wrote:

> I've no problem with Thunderbird anymore as I configured it to use
> gmail.com TLS SMTP server instead for emails where From is my gmail.com
> address. However I can't send inline patches using Thunderbird, only
> MIME attachments (they are in cleartext and have "Content-Disposition:
> inline", however).

check out http://mbligh.org/linuxdocs/Email/Clients/Thunderbird

I have also written a few emails about how to use thunderbird
successfully, but I don't have links to them... :(

> The patch was sent with another client to avoid using a MIME attachment,
> but that client was configured for my ISP's SMTP server.
>
> I don't really know if a MIME attachment or "wrong" From email address
> is a bigger nuisance.

For me, it's attachments.  Especially if you make the first line
of your patch be the correct:
From: your name <[email protected]>

> > And I noticed one function name _input_ff_erase().
> > That might be a namespace violation... anyone know the namespace
> > rules?
>
> Namespace violation? Never heard of that one.

Kernel (usually?) uses names of the form xyz_abc or __xyz_abc,
not (one underscore) _xyz_abc.  Has something to do with POSIX
namespace, but I don't know more about it.

---
~Randy