Re: 2.6.17-rc5-mm1

Andrew Morton wrote:
"Martin J. Bligh" <[email protected]> wrote:

Andrew Morton wrote:

Martin Bligh <[email protected]> wrote:

The x86_65 panic in LTP has changed a bit. Looks more useful now.
Possibly just unrelated new stuff. Possibly we got lucky.

What are you doing to make this happen?

runalltests on LTP

We have to get to the bottom of this - there's a shadow over about 500
patches and we don't know which.

iirc I tried to reproduce this a couple of weeks back and failed.

Are you able to narrow it down to a particular LTP test?  It was mtest01 or
something like that?  Perhaps we can identify a particular command line
which triggers the fault in a standalone fashion?

The LTP output is here:

http://test.kernel.org/abat/33803/debug/test.log.1

The last test run was memset01

From a good test run (http://test.kernel.org/abat/33964/debug/test.log.1)
the one after memset01 is a second instance of the same.

Which is bad I suppose, in that it's likely an intermittent failure.
Perhaps you can try running memset01 in a loop? I don't have such a
box set up here right now, I'm afraid ... will see what I can do.

OTOH, it looks like this might be a different failure than the double
fault we saw in previous -mm's, which was consistently in mtest01, IIRC.

M.