Re: [patch 00/61] ANNOUNCE: lock validator -V1

* Arjan van de Ven <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Darn.  It said all tests passed, then oopsed.
>
> does this fix it?
>
> type->name can be NULL legitimately; all places but one check for this
> already. Fix this off-by-one.

that used to be the case, but shouldnt happen anymore - with current
lockdep code we always pass some string to the lock init code. (that's
what lock-init-improvement.patch achieves in essence.) Worst-case the
string should be "old_style_spin_init" or "old_style_rw_init".

So Mike please try the other patch i sent - it also adds a debugging
check so that we can see where that NULL name comes from. It could be
something benign like me forgetting to pass in a string somewhere in the
initialization macros, but it could also be something more nasty like an
initialize-by-memset assumption.

	Ingo