Re: Bisects that are neither good nor bad

On Mon, 29 May 2006, [email protected] wrote:

> It's also worth repeating some advice from the manual:
>
> >> You can further cut down the number of trials if you know what part of
> >> the tree is involved in the problem you are tracking down, by giving
> >> paths parameters when you say bisect start, like this:
> >>
> >> $ git bisect start arch/i386 include/asm-i386

I'm not 100% sure this works - I think it has problems with the ending
condition because there always ends up being more commits in between when
the commit space isn't dense, so the "no commits left" thing doesn't
trigger. But "git bisect visualize" should hopefully help make it obvious

		Linus