Re: Van Jacobson's net channels and real-time

From: "Jan Kiszka" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:09:06 +0200

> What about this:

Can I recommend a trip to the local university engineering library for
a quick readup on the current state of the art wrt.  packet
classification algorithms?

Barring that, a read of chapter 12 "Packet Classification"
from Networking Algorithmics will give you a great primer.

I'm suggesting this, because all I see is fishing around with
painfully inefficient algorithms.

In any event, the initial net channel implementation will likely just
do straight socket hash lookups identical to how TCP does socket
lookups in the current stack.  Full match on established sockets, and
failing that fall back to the listening socket lookup which allows
some forms of wildcarding.

Thanks.