Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] the overdue removal of RAW1394_REQ_ISO_{LISTEN,SEND}

On Friday 07 April 2006 22:53, Stefan Richter wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > This patch contains the overdue removal of the RAW1394_REQ_ISO_SEND and
> > RAW1394_REQ_ISO_LISTEN request types plus all support code for them.
>
> [...]
>
> I am not familiar with the isochronous part of Linux' 1394 software
> stack, so I can't comment whether there are high-profile applications
> which still did not migrate away from this interface, or did so only
> recently.

Kino still uses the legacy raw1394 iso interface for capture by default;
however, it can also still use dv1394. I will accellerate the adoption of the
new raw1394 interface since I have already done this for dvgrab 2.0.
Cinelerra supports libiec61883 now.

Unfortunately, gstreamer still uses legacy raw1394 iso interface, but I can
nag someone at Fluendo. I think another high profile app that might be
affected is GnomeMeeting/Ekiga, but I have not kept close track of it.

Also, I have not released a version of libraw1394 that contains the
deprecation warnings, but I can do so this weekend. And then another release
when the removed kernel interfaces are released that removes the functions.