Re: cannot get clean 2.4.20 kernel to compile

Actually that helped, i had no linux symlink, after creating it, i got alot further into the build, however now i get:
In file included from ide-cd.c:318:
ide-cd.h:440: error: long, short, signed or unsigned used invalidly for `slot_tablelen'
make[3]: *** [ide-cd.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.20/drivers/ide'

Any more ideas? :)