RE: Fix unlock_buffer() to work the same way as bit_unlock()

That was actually based on a different, earlier paper.

Somewhat improved slides for the talk Grant is referring to are at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/misc_slides/pldi05_threads.pdf
.  The problem is also relevant for kernel development, though the title
doesn't fit, and it clearly needs to be addressed at the language spec
and compiler level.  (Note that the claim about gcc on slide 14 is
actually incorrect as it stands (I misread the .s file), but the claim
is correct if you add a conditional to the body of the example loop.
Thus you won't be led far astray.)  The PLDI paper on which the talk is
based contained a conjecture about required ordering for Posix locks,
which is disproved by the TR below.

It's hard to get this stuff right.  But we knew that.

Hans