Setting the PSE bit

Hi ,
      I need some help for my project , I have 1024 contiguous 4 kb
pages in the memory (aligned to a 4mb boundary ) , i want to convert
these pages into one 4M page , I have written code in
do_anonymous_page()  , i have trapped my test program (which has a
mmap call for anonymous memory) in side this function and I want this
to work for this test process only , AFAIK the changes that need to be
done are , an new mk_pte_large should be added  where the PSE bit is
set and then use set_pte.
but is there any thing else that needs to be done , do we need to set
the pse bit in the pgd  , is yes , how ?
I am working on a intel 32 platform , I have read somewhere that a bit
in cr4 also needs to be set , is it already done or I'll have to do it
now.
and is there anything more that has to be done.

working on 2.4.32

--
Vasm