Re: 2.6.16-mm2

On Maw, 2006-03-28 at 16:42 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > +make-tty_insert_flip_char-a-non-gpl-export.patch
>
> the argumentation is wrong.  the previous code beein inline made drivers
> using it even more of a derived work than a _GPL export.

You shouldn't take it that way. My full message to Andrew for public
record was as follows

--

Based on Linus original comments about _GPL we should export
tty_insert_flip_char as EXPORT_SYMBOL because it used to be

None of the above should be taken as permission directly, indirectly or
by means such as estoppel of the waving of GPL rights and me giving
permission for non-GPL code to use any of my GPL code if it is in any
way derivative of my work of course.

--

So if its derivative then so be it.

Alan