Re: How to test vanilla kernel

Hi Jesper,

--- Jesper Juhl <[email protected]> a écrit :
> > is it safe to
> > forget them ?
> >
> Unless you have something setup on your box which depends on
> functionality patched into the kernel by your vendor, then yes,

but how will I know that some shipped patchs are necessary ?

> running a vanilla kernel is perfectly OK - if it was not we'd never
> get it tested ;-)

well, last time I tried to replace fedora core 3 kernel with a vanilla 2.6.15
kernel I have some troubles with my USB controller, I got some unhandled IRQ.
And some devices like UART have their minor numbers changed. So I'm wondering
when upgrading the kernel, some configurations must be done ?

Francis