Re: [patch 1/1] pc-speaker: add SND_SILENT

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
Or, why not to have the grabbing capability in the input layer, so
that the driver can request an exclusive handling of some events?
That can be explored, although does not answer how you do about
allowing concurrent access to the hardware.
I could simply grab SND_BELL so that the pcspkr won't even receive it.

I understand that the beeps kill music currently; they should not if
you have lower level module controlling access.
OK, that's a driver core stuff then, you are right.
I'll see what can be done about the legacy/ISA devices there,
but from the first glance it doesn't look promising...