Re: ORMAP

John Richard Moser wrote:

And looking through the recent discussions I see in one thread...

Willy Tarreau wrote:

It depends a lot on what people do with it in fact. For instance, it
works better in memory-constrained systems, probably thanks to rmap.
I have one 2.6 running reliably on my web server (hppa) where 2.4
regularly oopsed because of low memory.

This reminds me, what the hell ever happened to ORMAP?  That object
based rmap thingy I tried out in one of wli's patches made my system
boot like 3 times faster.  There were other cool things going on that I
never got to try too, never saw that all out to fruition.

Status on some of the elements in the old 2.6-wli series from around
there would be nice.  I'm curious as to what has gone in.

2.6 has an object based rmap system working nicely for quite
a while now (though it was probably not exactly what you saw
in the -wli tree, but a derivative).

It would be surprising if that made your system boot 3 times
faster though (unless it was on the edge of a swap storm or
something)

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.