Re: [2.6.16-rc6 patch] remove sleep_avg multiplier

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 23:29 +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 23:24, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> >
> > Don't forget, every one of the exploits I test with were posted by
> > people who were experiencing scheduler problems in real life.  Try to
> > use your box while running those exploits, and then tell me that you
> > agree with interbench's assessment.
>
> Ok you feel interbench is an irrelevant benchmark for your test case and I'm
> not going to bother arguing since it doesn't claim to test every single
> situation.

Yes.  Interbench's opinion is irrelevant to me wrt this problem.

> That doesn't change the fact that your patch has only been tested by yourself.
> Don't forget I'm still agreeing with your change, I'm just suggesting the
> usual patch precautions.

Sure.  Let's get people interested in testing this ASAP.  OTOH, let's
not delay this simple and (IMHO) dead obvious fix getting into 2.6.16
simply because I'm the only one who _has_ done massive amounts of
testing ;-)

	-Mike