[ANNOUNCE] LiSt - Linux Statistics - www.linux-stats.org

Hello list,

I want to announce a project which was in discussion a bit beside klive.

Linux Statistics [1] or LiSt how this project is called, is afaik the one
and only page which generates such detailed statistics about *all* stuff
around linux.

It is a client/server project which generates accurate statistics of the
linux userbase and their hard- and software.
For this it provides a small client called "LiSt" which is written in
python and which everybody has to install to register his machine in our
database. This client application will then collect the following hard-
and software information from your linux system (use "LiSt -p" to see the
information which will be sent):

 - The installation date of your distribution
 - The hostname (no fqdn or ips)
 - The architecture (x86/i586/i686, ppc, and so on)
 - CPU information: vendor, model, number of cpus, frequencies
 - RAM
 - Swap
 - Timezone
 - user defined locales
 - Windowmanager
 - Kernel version
 - Uptime information
 - The size of mounted partitions (no shares)
 - the used filesystems
 - The hardware-IDs of used ISA/PCI/AGP and USB hardware

The client will send these information to our server, which stores them in
our database and generates accurate statistics out of them.

All of the collected information and data is absolutly anonymous!

Also read our privacy policy [2] to become sure that all is anonymous and
safe. Some more information on frequently asked questions can be found in
our FAQ [3].

Sincerely

Alex

[1] http://www.linux-stats.org
[2] http://www.linux-stats.org/?c=privacy
[3] http://www.linux-stats.org/?c=faq

--
Alexander 'dma147' Mieland                   2.6.15-ck3-r1-fb-my4 SMP
FnuPG-ID: 27491179                      Registered Linux-User #249600