Re: + fix-next_timer_interrupt-for-hrtimer.patch added to -mm tree

Tony,

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 01:51 -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Cool, after a quick test seems to work OK here. Any ideas how to fix the
> locking problem above?
>
> Maybe one option would be to just reprogram the hardware timer when a
> new hrtimer is added. That would then allow subjiffie timers too.

You might have a look into the high resolution timer patches on top of
hrtimers at http://www.tglx.de/projects/hrtimers

The clockevents abstraction layer is a quick attempt to generalize the
problem around event generation. I'm stuck in some other work right now,
but I'm going to rework this layer soon. IMO John Stultz GTOD patches
and the generalization of clock events will be a sane base for high
resolution timers and dynamic ticks.

	tglx