Re: LibPATA code issues / 2.6.15.4

Tejun Heo wrote:
..
These may be unsafe in general, unless we tag controllers as
FUA-capable and NON-FUA-capable, in addition to tagging the drives.

All sii controllers and piix/ahci seem to handle FUA pretty ok. And yeah, we may have to create controller blacklist too.

Or maybe a whitelist instead, since nearly all existing hardware
pre-dates FUA commands.

Or maybe just have a libata function to test whether the FUA commands
actually work or not, before enabling them for general use.
*That* could be a much better approach, given the large number of
possible drive/controller combos, and it cuts down on the maintenance
headache of having to list everything on a list somewhere.

BTW, can you let me know what drive we're talking about now (model name and firmware revision)?

David:  we need to see the output from "hdparm --Istdout /dev/sda
(or whichever drive it was that was failing on your system).

Cheers