Re: [RFC] Add kernel<->userspace ABI stability documentation

> > 2) the per interface description needs a "depends on config option"
> > field; not all options are always there, but depend on a config option
> > to be set. It makes a lot of sense to mark these as such so that users
> > KNOW they have to deal with the interface not being there occasionally,
> > depending on the kernel.
>
> Hm, almost _everything_ is configurable these days, including sysfs.  Do
> we really want to keep the config value in sync with the kernel config
> system too?  I can add it, but it seems a bit unnecessary.

well there is "configurable" and "configurable"... but yeah. I don't
mean to document which config options it depends on, but more
"applications need to deal with this not being there since it's optional
and not uncommon to be disabled" or something.