Re: MACH BOOT

Jun OKAJIMA wrote:

> We introduce here that MACH BOOT, which is an experimental CD booting technology
> with the goal of achieving fast booting with x48 CD-ROM drive.
>
> Check this out, please.
> http://www.machboot.com/
OK, a cool movie of something booting apparently quick probably from a CD.
Then angle is a bit odd, but..

> Features:
>
>     1.  Booting fast, usually within 10 secs from x48 CD-ROM drive.
What do you define as booting?
Up to console? Up to X and Fx opening Yahoo?
>From power on or from after POST?

>     2.  Launching apps is also fast. Almost same as from HDD.
Hard to believe, especially if you have lots of files (.so files, Fx plugins)

But if you say. That Fx, was quick indeed.

>     3.  Customizable. You can make it "MACH" with any distribution,
>         including your original one.
>     4.  (Hopefully) Better PnP than KNOPPIX.
>         This feature is not sure for now --- I just have tested on only a few PCs.

How does it relate to Linux and kernel in particular?

Any code?

License?

What is it? A user space app, boot loader, kernel module, fs...?

Any demos?

Kalin.

--
+-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+