Re: Which is simpler? (Was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.)

Hi!

> > > 2) shrink_all_memory() should be fixed. It should not really return if
> > > there are more pages freeable.
> >
> > Well, that would be a long-run solution.  However, until it's fixed we can
> > use a workaround IMHO. ;-)
>
> Isn't trying to free as much memory as you can the wrong solution anyway? I
> mean, that only means that the poor system has more pages to fault back in at
> resume time, before the user can even begin to think about doing anything
> useful. You might be able to say "Every machine that suspend2 works on,
> swsusp works on", but the later will be a pretty sad definition of works!

We are trying to catch a bug here. suspend2 or not, it is a bug and it
should be fixed (or at least understood).

[Also please try to tone down your messages. Your suspend2 may be more
user-friendly, you do not want to start that flamewar again, do you?
Saying "don't bother fixing that" is not nice thing to do.]
								Pavel
--
Web maintainer for suspend.sf.net (www.sf.net/projects/suspend) wanted...