Re: Random reboots

[email protected] said:
> Ever since upgrading our file server from 2.6.11.3 to 2.6.14+, it has been
> experiencing random reboots about every 2-3 weeks.  I'm pretty certain it's a
> kernel issue: it shares a UPS with a few other machines, so it's not the
> power.  We had uptimes of ~6 months with 2.6.11.3, and I've run memtest86
> overnight since adding some memory a few months ago, so I don't suspect
> hardware trouble.  We've had 5 of these reboots now, so it's a repeatable
> problem, albeit on an agonizing timescale for testing.

Any chance you're running spamassassin on that box? I've seen similar issues
lately and, comparing /var/log/messages with crontab, have concluded that
sa-learn sometimes kills the box when run by cron. It seems so odd that I
haven't found the guts to ask about it figuring that I should do some more
test myself, but I don't have much else to go on...

/Anders