Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) (was: Rationale for RLIMIT_MEMLOCK?)

I'm confused about where software has inherited a sense of morality from?

Equally, as I can't see any restriction of the GPL in that link I
don't get the reference.  What it's essentially saying to me is 'if
you don't want it under the GPL licence terms, talk to the copyright
holder(s) or their authorised representative about alternatives'.

Plenty of people are happy to dual licence their work, & TBH I'd
rather see people do that and get something for their work than have
it misappropriated into commercial software and have to look to the
courts for a slim chance at compensation...

Anyone else rather get back to the technical discussion or is it just me?