Several Hangs on diferent Hardwares and diferent kernels

Hi,

I am using a linux box as a multimidia computer to show news, advertisement and clips. After some time the box hang randomly. I ´ve change everything i could, power source, motherboard, memory, compact flash (i use an ide to compact flash adapter), kernel version (only tried 2.6.12 to 2.6.15 versios). But nothing solve the problem, and what is drives crazy :no log, no core dump, no clue at all... The box hang on X display during an clip or advertising and stoped to respond keaboard and network.... Does any body can help me how to get a clue
before a system hang ?

 Thank You

Pedro Alves