Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 01:53 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:

> No, it would not. Merging suspend2 now would mean usable suspend
> support for you in 3 or so months, but would push uswsusp forward year
> or more.

>From my perspective, uswsusp is pie in the sky. I don't care if it gets
pushed back or not.

On the other hand suspend2 works - NOW. And it ain't just me. Do you
really think all these folks that are using suspend2 have an urge to
patch their notebook kernels just because they feel like it?

But hey, you seem to be bent on not having it - and you seem to be the
one making that calls, so the rest of us that just want to use the
notebooks properly will have to patch until someone decides that having
something that works is more important than being right all the time.
It's OK, have it your way.

--
Bojan