Re: Fw: crash on x86_64 - mm related?

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 07:46:24PM +0000, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Ryan Richter wrote:
> >
> > > This machine experienced another random reboot today, nothing in the
> > > logs or on the console etc.  This is the 3rd time now since I upgraded
> > > from 2.6.11.3.  Is there any way to debug something like this?
> >
> > Nasty.  I hope someone else can suggest something constructive.
>
> Are they still happening?
>
> > > I'm fairly certain it's not hardware-related.
> > > Might this have something to do with the st problem?
> >
> > Well, it might: I've not been able to explain that at all, so cannot
> > rule out a relation to your reboots.
>
> If no "Bad page state" has occurred earlier, we can now be sure that
> these reboots are (unfortunately) unrelated to the st problem.

It must not be related then, since it never stayed up more than a few
seconds after that happened.

I've tried disabling the hangcheck timer and the software watchdog as a
shot in the dark, but it's only been a week since then and these seem to
happen about every 3 weeks or so.  Quite a pain to debug.

-ryan