Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.

Hi!

Just for the record.

> Here is what I prefer in suspend2:
>
> - it works (i.e. I have compiled it for at least 20 different Rawhide
> kernels and it always suspended/resumed properly)
>
> - it is reliable (e.g. I have suspended/resumed mid kernel compile  -
> actually, kernel RPM build, which included compile - many times,
> without any ill effect)

Rafael has test patch for this one.

> - it is fast (i.e. even on my crappy old HP ZE4201
> [http://www.rexursive.com/articles/linuxonhpze4201.html], it writes all
> of 700+ MB of RAM to disk just as fast or faster than swsusp).

Help us with userland parts of uswsusp, pretty please?

> - it looks nice (both text and GUI interface supported)

Planned for userland parts.

> - it leaves the system responsive on resume (kinda nice to come back to
> X and "Just Use it")

Merged in latest mainline.

> - it suspends to both swap and file (I personally use swap, but many
> people on the list use file)

Doable in userland parts; not sure with someone plans it.

> Just today, I tried the most recent Rawhide kernel (based on
> 2.6.16-rc1-git5) with swsusp and for the first time *ever* it actually
> returned X to its original state (I was so excited, I even notified
> people on suspend2 development list about it). But, on second
> suspend/resume, it promptly locked up my system. Before, it would
> simply lock up. So, if swsusp can be made to actually work, be
> reliable, look nice and be responsive on resume, I'm all for it. I will
> miss Nigel's excellent support though, but I'm sure he deserves a break
> :-)

Can you do usual "try again with minimum drivers" debugging?
								Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!