Re: 8250 serial console fixes -- issue

>>  - 'r' option has insanely slow CTS timeout. So if a
>>    terminal server is inactive the kernel can take
>>    30 minutes to boot as each character write to the
>>    serial console requires a CTS timeout.
>
> You'd rather we threw away these messages?

It seems to me that The Right Thing to do is, once I've given up on
CTS showing up and just sent the byte anyway, is send all future bytes
without waiting for CTS until CTS shows up again.

In other words, one timeout per falling edge of CTS.

This may be implementable neatly by just saying "fuck it; pretend CTS
is asserted" in the timeout handler if the later real assertion won't
confuse it.