Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 05:29:40PM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> Follow up - do we have a rough idea how bad the suspend problem is, like
> approximately what % of laptops don't DTRT and just suspend when you
> close the lid?

None of the Dells we use at work (various models) handle suspend (both
ram and disk) reliably.  Got everything from not resuming when pushing
the button (PWRF not giving an ACPI event while PWRC does), screen not
coming back (as usual), system not coming back the second time (go
figure) or resume eating up / from time to time.  At that point people
there are buying Macs.

I'm going to get a sacrificial (but modern) dell laptop in a month or
two.  I'll try to make things actually reliable on that one, including
video.  I don't have great hopes though.

'course the current state of the drm/fb interaction is yet another can
of worms, one in a good way of being solved though.

  OG.

[1] Reverse engineering is one of my hobbies