Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.

Hi again.

On Friday 03 February 2006 11:18, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Bojan Smojver <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Bottom line: With your code, my machine works. Without it, it doesn't.
>
> This leaves us in rather awkward position.  You see, there will be other
> people whose machines don't work with suspend2 but which do work with
> swsusp.  And other people who prefer swsusp for other reasons.
>
> It'd help if we knew _why_ your machine doesn't work with swsusp so we can
> fix it.  Futhermore it'd help if we knew specifically what you prefer about
> suspend2 so we can understand what more needs to be done, and how we should
> do it.

As much as I appreciate Bojan's comments, I want to ask the same question -
when it comes to driver model invocations and the method of restoring the
original kernel data, swsusp and Suspend2 work in almost exactly the same
way, so if one works for someone, the other should too and vice versa.

Regards,

Nigel