Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.

Quoting Nigel Cunningham <[email protected]>:

It reminds me why I started working on this in the first place. It wasn't
because I wanted to be a big shot kernel developer or the like, or have my
name in the kernel credits. It was because I wanted to use the code.

And what a superb job you have done with suspend2! Kudos Nigel!

Here are the facts from my notebook suspend2 actually does work, works reliably, is fast and pretty, none of which is true for swsusp. From my user perspective, the refusal to merge suspend2 into mainline etc. is just contributing to one thing - Linux not having decent suspend/resume in vanilla tree.

I travel on the train every day and I can confidently say that I'm the only person there with a Linux based notebook. Everyone else is having Windows or an occasional Mac. These people *never* have to worry about suspending and resuming - it just works for them. That's because Microsoft and Apple decided this was important many, many years ago.

Unless mainline kernel folks decide to give people something that works and works reliably, this thing will drag on for many more years, I'm afraid. Ah well, as long as you keep the great job releasing suspend2 for the up-to-date kernels, at least one more Linux notebook will be able to suspend/resume properly.

Bottom line: With your code, my machine works. Without it, it doesn't.

--
Bojan