Re: [ 01/10] [Suspend2] kernel/power/modules.h

Hi,

On Thursday 02 February 2006 22:27, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

> > > I really must work harder to get rid of that perception. It used to be
> > > the case, but isn't nowadays. Just about all of suspend2's changes are
> > > new files in kernel/power and include/<arch>/suspend2.h. The remainder
> > > are misc fixes, and enhancements like Christoph's todo list.
> >
> > Well, in your previous series of patches there are examples to the
> > contrary, like the changes to kthread_create() or workqueues.  They would
> > require an ack from the maintainers of that code, at least.
>
> That's not Suspend2 itself, but rather improvements to the freezer that are
> logically distinct and would be useful to swsusp too. That said, if the work
> you guys have done in the last couple of days gets merged,

I hope so.

> perhaps I'll drop most of it and just do the bdev freezing instead of
> sys_syncing, at least to check reliability.

Well, I must admit I haven't read your bdevs-freezing patch, mostly due to
limited time, but in principle I'm not against it.

> > Also, you probably need some changes in the arch code.  If that is so, the
> > maintainers of relevant architectures should be asked.
> >
> > That already is "many".
>
> No. I have a little cleaning up still to do there, but the current arch
> specific patches are all: 1) adding suspend2.h; 2) old modifications that can
> be cleaned up 3) the odd new routine (eg a page_is_ram function for amd64).

If that is so, fine.  As I said before, as far as I'm concerned both solutions
can coexist as long as they don't conflict.

Greetings,
Rafael