Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.

Hi.

On Thursday 02 February 2006 20:47, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > > swsusp already has a very strong API to separate image writing from
> > > image creation (in -mm patch, anyway). It is also very nice, just
> > > read() from /dev/snapshot. Please use it.
> >
> > You know that's not an option.
>
> No, I don't... please explain. Switching to this interface is going to
> be easier than pushing suspend2 into kernel. Granted, end result may
> not be suspend2, it may be something like suspend3, but it will be
> better result than u-swsusp or suspend2 is today...

It's not an option because I'm not trying not to step all over your codebase,
because I'm not moving suspend2 to userspace and because it doesn't make
sense to add another layer of abstraction by sticking /dev/snapshot in the
middle of kernel space code. There may be more reasons, but I haven't looked
at the /dev/snapshot code at all.

Regards,

Nigel