Re: Patch for CVE-2004-1334 ???

The simple reason we do not intend to use the latest version is we run
some third party software which cant be front ported (pardon the slang
) to 2.4.29 and above.
As for the changeset by  guninski , i wish to ask about a one point
source of applying all the patches for 2.4.28 .I mean shouldn't all
the kernel security patches ( atleast the ones that have become CVE's)
be a part of kernel.org .Since there isn't any what is the reason ?
I dont want to go to Gentoo for one patch , red hat for another
....and GOD knows how many sites .
Torvalds is the GOD of open source , but am i asking for too much :-)